Are You Struggling To Deal With House Spiders In Chicago?
February 10, 2023
Spiders are hunters and are always on the hunt. Some catch their prey by trapping them with webs, others by hiding from prey and then ambushing them unexpectedly, while other spiders are fast runners and can catch prey by running it down. Most spider species are venomous, and some are venomous enough to be dangerous to humans. There are thousands of different kinds of spiders in the world, and many of them can be beneficial. The problem starts when they move from being out in the world to being inside your house.
Are you struggling to figure out a spider problem in your Chicago home? If you are, Aerex Pest Control specialists are experts at Chicago pest control. Call us today, and let us help you with all your pest control needs, including spiders.
Common Types Of Spiders Found In Chicago
There are many types of spiders in the Chicago area, and more than one species will venture into our homes or businesses. Here are some of the common household spiders you might encounter in your Chicago home:
- Black widow spiders: These venomous spiders like to hide in dark places.
- Brown recluse spiders: The most venomous of the bunch, these spiders will bite if they feel threatened.
- Common house spiders: These spiders are not dangerous, but you will encounter them frequently.
- Cellar spiders: These long-legged spiders love dark, moist places. They got their name because they flock to cellars.
- Orb weaver spiders: These are the classic web-building spiders. Many different species reside in this class.
- Wolf spiders: These large spiders run fast and chase down prey. They are common in homes.
There are many types of common house spiders that may choose to come into your home. When that happens, you want them gone as soon as possible. We can help. Aerex Pest Control technicians have the training to handle all inside pest problems, and we can help you get rid of spiders.
Is It Dangerous To Have Spiders In My House?
It certainly can be. Black widow and brown recluse spiders prefer to hide in dark, cramped places. They'll hide in clothing, storage boxes, pantries, and furniture drawers in your home, introducing the possibility of surprise encounters. You may come into contact with a spider before realizing what is happening. Spiders may bite if molested or feel threatened, and a bite from a highly venomous black widow and brown recluse can be dangerous.
Spiders in your home are not just disturbing; they may bring the risk of dangerous bites with them. If you see spiders in your home, Aerex Pest Control wants to see you. Contact us, and let us help you with spider infestations.
Tips And Tricks To Deal With Spiders
Given the seriousness of spiders in your home, here are some tips to help decrease your chances of encountering them:
- Tightly seal outside garbage. Open garbage draws insects. Spiders will follow.
- Minimize outside lights at night. Lights draw insects, and spiders hunt them.
- Tightly seal your home. Sealing your home eliminates entryways for spiders.
- Seal inside garbage. Access to garbage attracts insects, and spiders will follow.
- Clean your floors. Crumbs draw insects, and spiders come in to eat the insects.
These tips can help you minimize spider infestations but will not guarantee they won't still come inside. When that happens, call Aerex Pest Control. We know the best ways to kill spiders.
The Safe And Effective Way To Get Rid Of Spiders
When common spiders in Illinois come into your house, you want them gone as soon as possible. The sooner you call Aerex Pest Control, the sooner we can help you accomplish that. Call us today, and let us help you with spiders or other pests.