Help! How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Chicago?
January 30, 2022
Bed bugs can be a nightmare to deal with inside your Chicago property, and you may even be wondering what causes bed bugs in the first place. Fortunately, investing in pest control to kill bed bugs is highly effective and can get rid of this pests completely.
Identifying Bed Bugs
Bed bugs are small, reddish-brown colored insects. They are typically oval and slightly elongated after feeding and usually no larger than a regular apple seed. While these pests prefer living in sleeping quarters and on mattresses, they may infiltrate all other areas of your home. There are a few tell-tale signs that you can look for that may indicate a bed bug problem.
- You may find reddish-brown stains on sheets, pillowcases, furniture, walls, or baseboards around your structure. These stains are a by-product of bed bugs feeding, and a large number of stains may indicate a major bed bug infestation.
- You may see dead bed bug bodies around your property or smaller, white bed bug eggs and nymphs. These are likely to be found in areas with a lot of bed bugs, such as sleeping areas, near furniture seams, and along gaps or cracks in walls.
- Bed bugs can sometimes give off a smell when threatened or alarmed. If you have a room or area in your house that smells particularly musty, it may be because there is a concentration of bed bugs there giving off this odor.
What Causes Bed Bugs?
Bed bug infestations typically start after bed bugs hitchhike a ride from an infested area into a new location; they do this when finding new hosts to feed on. You may pick up bed bugs at certain pest hotspots, such as hotels, train stations, public transportation, schools, and libraries, due to the number of people passing through these areas on a regular basis.
Because bed bugs are highly skilled at hiding on luggage and clothes, and due to their small size, these pests are incredibly difficult to keep out of your home. They are also somewhat difficult to detect once they enter your property. You may not realize you have an infestation until bite marks begin turning up or you see live bed bugs around your house.
To prevent bed bugs from infesting your home, you can follow these simple tips:
- Keep your luggage and clothing elevated when traveling to prevent bed bugs from climbing inside.
- Check furniture, beds, and sheets for signs of bed bug stains. If they are present, don’t stay in that area or use the furniture.
- You may want to bring clothes that are vacuum-sealed when traveling, as airtight bags will stop bed bugs from crawling in.
Professional Bed Bug Control
Investing in pest control to kill bed bugs is a much more effective option than attempting bed bug control by yourself. The solutions that our experts at Aerex Pest Control can provide are based on your home’s needs and the size of the infestation you are currently dealing with. Our professionals can eliminate bed bugs from every area of your home with safe, targeted solutions that don’t involve you experimenting with over-the-counter chemicals that may not be effective.
Contact Aerex Pest Control today to get rid of the bed bugs in your house.