The Best Technique For Achieving A Spider-Free Home In Chicago
October 17, 2022
When you get home after a long day, it’s safe to say the last thing you want to see in your house is a spider crawling across the room. Unfortunately, all Chicago homeowners have exposure to spider activity, and it’s important to be aware of the consequences of spider infestation.
When spiders enter our homes, the best way to control the situation is to rely on a team of experienced professionals. That’s why we’re here. Aerex Pest Control is proud to protect local homeowners from spiders with complete pest control in Chicago.
How Do Spiders Get Into Your Home? Eight Typical Entry Points
If you’re wondering how spiders got into your house in the first place, there are a number of factors to consider. Spiders usually come into your home looking for prey, unlike many other pests which infest our homes in search of warmth and shelter. Spiders eat hibernating insects and common indoor pests like cockroaches, earwigs, mosquitoes, flies, fleas, and moths.
You will usually find spiders in dark, secluded areas with ample humidity, like garages, sheds, attics, basements, closets, and pantries. They’re skilled climbers and can squeeze their way through a variety of entry points. Here are eight typical spider entry points to keep in mind:
- Small gaps in the roof and holes in the ceilings
- Gaps in damaged siding and shingles
- Holes and gaps in window frames
- Spaces and gaps beneath doors
- Sneaking through spaces around the garage
- Cracks in piping and plumbing systems
- Overgrown tree branches that touch the structure
- Via foundation vents and crawlspace entrances
However they manage to get inside, the bottom line is that spiders can be sneaky, and the most effective way to guard your home against an infestation is to be as proactive as possible in your prevention efforts.
Eliminating The Spiders Inside Your Home
When it comes to spider prevention, there are a variety of things you should know. Because spiders feed on hibernating insects and common indoor pests, spiders hang around areas where insects hang out. Addressing insect activity is an important place to start in your spider prevention journey, as taking away their food source gives spiders less of an incentive to enter your home. Aside from insect control, a key to eliminating spiders inside your home is addressing entry spots and points of access.
Blocking Spider Entry Points In Homes
You can do several things around your home to exclude points of entry and eliminate conditions conducive to spider activity. Here are some tips to consider:
- Cover vents with mesh insect screens.
- Keep debris, plants, trash, and mulch from touching your home.
- Reduce food sources and be vigilant about cleanliness and clearing away clutter
- Repair your foundation and install weather stripping around the perimeter of your home.
- Replace any broken or torn window or door screens.
- Replace chipping windows and door frames.
- Seal off and block doors and crawl space openings.
- Store firewood outdoors, away from the house; eliminate damp or rotting wood.
If you are dealing with spiders in your Chicago home, the best and most effective way to get rid of them is to contact the professionals.
Professional Spider Control In Chicago
Aerex Pest Control is your go-to source for complete spider control and prevention. We have experience treating Chicagoland homes with dependable spider treatments, assuring pest-free conditions that you can feel good about, guaranteed.
We’ve worked with over 7,000 local residences, bringing homeowners customized spider solutions that work. Give us a call today to request your free, over-the-phone estimate. We look forward to hearing from you.