Tick Talk: Effective Prevention And Control Strategies For Your Chicago Property
October 27, 2023
A tick is one of the toughest, hardiest insects you can face on your Chicago property. Ticks can survive in many environments, endure considerable temperature extremes, last extended periods without food, and are highly adaptable. These traits not only allow them to survive in the wild but also allow them to thrive positively in urban environments. Ticks in Chicago flourish, and if you have a home in the area, it is only a matter of time before you have an encounter with them.
Aerex Pest Control professionals know all about tick control in Chicago. If you need help with ticks, call us today.
The Life Cycle Of Ticks: A Comprehensive Overview
Ticks have four distinct stages of life:
- Egg: Ticks prefer to lay their eggs in the spring.
- Larvae: Larvae hatch in the summer. They are tiny and only have six legs.
- Nymph: Ticks reach the nymph stage approximately one year after birth. Nymphs have eight legs.
- Adult: It can take up to three years for ticks to reach full adulthood when they lay eggs and start the cycle all over again.
Want to know how to get rid of ticks in Chicago? It’s as simple as getting in touch with Aerex Pest Control. Our seasoned professionals can help you eliminate any pest control problem, including ticks.
Tick-Borne Diseases: The Silent Threat Of Tick Bites
Tick bites are bad enough in and among themselves. They can leave red, itchy areas on your skin for weeks. Unfortunately, tick bites can pose a much greater risk than that, however. Ticks feed by piercing a host’s skin with specialized mouthparts and feeding on blood. Ticks inject saliva into the bite area while they feed to prevent the blood from thickening as they feed. Their saliva contains a mild blood thinner that keeps the blood from coagulating.
However, if a tick bites a host infected by a transmissible pathogen, it can carry that infection within itself. It can then inject it into any host it later feeds on. Ticks are associated with the spread of Lyme disease, anaplasmosis, tularemia, ehrlichiosis, and Rocky Mountain spotted fever.
Don’t let a tick infestation in Chicago ruin your ability to enjoy your yard. If ticks have come to visit—or if you’re worried that they might—contact us. Aerex Pest Control professionals have an extended history of success eliminating ticks.
Tick Prevention: Remedy Factors That Attract Ticks To Your Property
Given that ticks can potentially threaten or harm your health, here are some ways that you can reduce your chances of having to deal with them:
- Trim greenery: Trimming hedges, bushes, and trees can help reduce tick harborage areas.
- Seal garbage: Exposed garbage can attract rodents, who may bring ticks.
- Seal your home: Ticks can access your home through small openings. Sealing your home well decreases entry opportunities.
- Reduce clutter: Many pests love to explore and nest in clutter. Rodent pests can attract ticks. Reducing clutter can help decrease both rodents and ticks.
- Mow frequently: Mowing is one of the easiest ways to keep ticking populations in check.
These tips can help decrease your chances of dealing with a tick infestation on your Chicago property. If ticks still come, however, we can help. Aerex Pest Control utilizes the latest science-based approaches to pest control, and we pride ourselves on our ability to safely and effectively remove pest infestations.
Expert Tick Control Services: Keeping Your Property Tick-Free
If you are dealing with ticks and want the best home pest control in Chicago, you want Aerex Pest Control. We get pests out and make customers happy. Call us today for help with ticks and any other kind of pests. You will be glad you did.