In Chicago, rodents can be a major problem during the colder winter months. They can invade your home through tiny cracks and holes in the walls, and once they're inside, it can be extremely difficult to get them out. There are a lot of ways to deal with rats and mice, but many of them involve using harsh products that can be dangerous for you and your family.
At Aerex Pest Control, we're dedicated to providing our customers with safe and effective pest control in Chicago. We're always on the lookout for new ways to keep your home free of pests, and we're happy to share some of our favorite tips for keeping rodents at bay. We'll discuss some non-toxic ways to keep your home rodent-free. We'll also answer some common questions about rodents, such as "Do rodents travel in air vents?" and "What are non-toxic ways to get rid of rats?" So if you're dealing with a rodent infestation in Chicago, stay tuned.
Do Rodents Travel In Air Vents?
The answer to this question is yes, rodents can travel in air vents. In fact, if you have rodents in your home, there's a good chance they're using your ventilation system to move around.
One of the most common ways that rodents in Chicago enter homes is through the air vents. Small rodents and large ones alike can squeeze through cracks and holes, and once they're in the vents, they have access to the entire house. They will often use the vents to travel from one room to another, and they can also use them to acquire nesting material and food.
If you suspect that rodents are using your air vents, it's important to have them inspected by a professional. A pest control expert will be able to identify the points of entry and seal them off so that rodents can't get in.
To protect your vents from future invasions, we recommend installing vent covers. Vent covers are designed to keep rodents out while still allowing air to flow through the vents. If you're unsure of which type of vent cover to choose, our experts at Aerex Pest Control can help you select the best option for your home.
For more than 70 years, Aerex Pest Control has been Chicago's go-to choice for safe and effective pest control. We're proud to offer our customers a wide range of services, including rodent control. If you're dealing with any type of rodent problem in Chicago, give us a call today. We'll be happy to provide you with a free quote and help you find the best solution for your home.
How To Block Mice And Rats From Living In The Walls
Mice and rats are good at finding ways into homes, and they're also good at finding ways to live in the walls. If you have rodents in your walls, they can cause a lot of damage. They will gnaw on electrical wires, insulation, and wood beams, and their droppings can contaminate your food and spread disease.
As a homeowner, it is important to take the necessary precautions to protect your home from rodents. One way to do this is by rodent-proofing your walls. There are a few things you can do to keep mice and rats from entering your walls:
- Seal any cracks or holes in the wall with weather-resistant caulk. This will make it difficult for rodents to enter your home. You can also use steel wool or expanding foam to fill any gaps or holes.
- Install metal or plastic mesh over any openings in the wall. This will keep rodents from entering the house. Be sure to check the mesh regularly to make sure it is still in place.
- Make sure that all of your doors and windows fit tightly against the frame and are properly sealed. If there are any gaps, rodents will be able to squeeze through.
If you have any openings in your roof or attic, you will need to seal those as well. Look for any holes or cracks and seal them with caulk, expanding foam, or steel wool just like you did with the openings in your walls.
If you start to notice indicators of rodents in your walls, such as droppings or gnaw marks, it's important to take action right away. The longer you wait, the more damage they will cause. And if you're not sure how to deal with the problem on your own, our experts at Aerex Pest Control can help. We have more than 70 years of experience dealing with rodents in Chicago homes, and we can quickly and effectively get rid of all rodents in your Phoenix home. Give us a call today to get started with a free quote.
What Are Non-Toxic Ways To Get Rid Of Rodents?
Rodents in your home are a major health hazard. They can contaminate your food and spread dangerous diseases such as salmonellosis and hantavirus. You're probably eager to protect your family from these dangers, but you may be hesitant to use toxic chemicals around your home. The good news is that there are some effective and all-natural ways to prevent rodents from taking up residence in your home.
Here are some non-toxic ways to get rid of rodents:
- Use peppermint oil. Peppermint oil is a natural rodent repellent. Simply apply the oil to areas where you've seen rodents or where they're likely to enter the house. You can also use cotton balls soaked in peppermint oil to block small openings.
- Keep your home clean. A tidy home is less likely to attract rodents. Be sure to vacuum regularly and clean up any food crumbs right away. You should also store food in airtight containers and keep your garbage can lid closed.
- Use a sonic pest repeller. These devices emit high-frequency sound waves that may be effective at deterring rodents. You can place them in areas where rodents are likely to enter the house, such as near windows and doors.
- Seal up any openings. As we mentioned before, it's important to seal up any cracks or holes in your walls and foundation. This will make it difficult for rodents to enter your home.
- Seal trash cans. If you have an outdoor trash can, be sure to seal it tightly. This will prevent rodents from getting into the garbage and taking up residence in your home.
- Keep pet food sealed. If you have indoor pets, make sure to keep their food in a sealed container. Rodents are attracted to pet food, so this will help keep them away from your home.
If you're dealing with a rodent problem in your home, it's important to take action right away. These pests can cause serious damage and pose a major health hazard. Our experts at Aerex Pest Control can help you get rid of all kinds of rodents in your home. We're your local experts in Chicago pest control, and we're here to help. Give us a call today.
Rodent Control The Easy Way In Chicago
When you see a mouse or rat in your home, your first thought is probably how to get rid of it as quickly as possible. And while there are a number of do-it-yourself methods for rodent control, the problem is that most of them are only effective in the short term. For example, you may be able to catch a few mice in a store-bought trap, but if there are more mice in your home, they'll just keep coming back. These pests reproduce quickly, and they're very clever when it comes to avoiding traps.
The best way to get rid of mice and rats is to call a professional pest control company with years of experience in dealing with them. Aerex Pest Control is a family-owned business that has been serving the Chicago area for more than 70 years. We've seen it all when it comes to rodents, and we know how to get rid of them quickly and effectively.
Here's why you should call Aerex Pest Control for rodent control in Chicago:
- We have experience: We've been in business since 1969, so we've seen all types of rodent problems, and we know how to deal with them quickly and effectively.
- We're local: We're based in Chicago, so we know the city and the surrounding area well. This means that we can get to your home quickly and take care of your problem as soon as possible.
- We're family-owned: We're a family-owned business, so we understand the importance of customer service and keeping your home safe. We'll take the time to listen to your concerns and answer all of your questions.
- We're affordable: We offer competitive pricing on all of our services. We also offer a free quote, so you'll know exactly how much our services will cost before we even start.
If you're dealing with a rodent problem, don't wait any longer. Call the experts at Aerex Pest Control today to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Chicago, and let us help you get back to rodent-free living.