Why You Should Call The Pros About Cockroaches In Your Chicago Home
It is unsettling to hear the skitter of little cockroach feet on your kitchen floor at night. It is even more unsettling when you start to lift something and find cockroaches hiding underneath. If you're dealing with cockroaches in your Chicago home, we hope you aren't at the stage where you're actually seeing them. If you are, it means your home is filled with roaches. Cockroaches don't want to be seen.
This is one of the reasons why it is a good idea to contact a professional about a cockroach infestation. If you attempt to use DIY methods to get rid of cockroaches, you may not know if you've failed. Why is it bad to not know that you still have cockroaches in your home? Out of sight, out of mind, does not apply to roaches.
These insects can still impact you, even if you don't see them.
What You Don't Know CAN Hurt You
If you don't know you have cockroaches, these insects will be allowed to do what cockroaches do. Here are a few ways a roach infestation can impact your life.
- Roaches crawl in sewers and dumpsters and feed on dead animals, feces, and other things you wouldn't touch. When they get into your stored foods or crawl on surfaces, dishes, silverware, cutting boards, and other sensitive items in your kitchen and pantry, they can contaminate them.
- Roaches leave their feces everywhere they explore. The feces left by cockroaches can be a source of contamination.
- Roaches feed on dead skin cells and toothpaste. If roaches get into your bathroom, they'll be drawn to your toothbrush.
- Roaches shed their skins in air ducts. These can become airborne particulates. For this, and other reasons, homes that have cockroach infestations see an increase in hospitalizations for asthma and respiratory issues.
- Roaches can bite. Most of the time, they bite by accident. They do this when they feed on the dead skin in eyebrows and eyelashes of sleeping people. They can also bite around the mouth when they come to drink saliva. Babies are particularly vulnerable because cockroaches are strongly attracted to the smell of stale milk.
- Roaches crawl around in tight spaces and love to explore storage areas. The oils from their skins can create a musky, dirty smell on stored items.
Are you aware that cockroaches can develop a resistance to chemicals? It's true. When they shed their skins, the new skins they develop can be made to tolerate harmful chemicals they've touched. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, definitely applies to cockroaches! Not only are they robust insects that can survive contact with chemicals and develop resistance as they grow new skins, but they are also able to pass their abilities to their offspring.
For this reason, many Chicago cockroaches are born with a resistance to some chemical substances.
Professionals use products and strategies developed by scientists and industry experts to overcome these challenges.
At Aerex Pest Control, your satisfaction is our priority! See for yourself what our customers have to say about working with us.
Mark arrived early after calling to let me know we could start earlier if that worked with my schedule, it did. He was friendly and thorough.- Meredith C.
Mike is very friendly, cooperative. He knows our house well as to where there are concerns for critter control. We are very happy with Aerex.- Judith N.
Mike showed up on time and was friendly with our crazy dogs and familiar with the house, even though he hasn’t been here in a while. Can’t ask for more for a semi-annual service and serviceman.- Cissy G.
We've used Aerex for 20+ years at 2 locations. They are prompt, courteous & effective. Our regular service person, Wally, listens to current problems & applies the correct solutions to the problem. If needed within 30 days, a second visit is schedu- Harry S.
Great company with professional people - such a pleasure working with! We have been using Aerex Pest Control at our properties for 10+ years and we couldn't be happier with the choice we made. The team from the office is always friendly, ready to help. The- Mi B.
Jordan our technician was great. He’s very helpful and willing to assist us with dealing with our problem. He explains our issues and helps in determine what needs to be done.- Gary B.
I have been using Aerex for over 20 years. Every tech that has come to our house has been incredibly knowledgeable, kind and respectful. They get the job done efficiently and always go the extra mile. They are all dog lovers too so that works when my dog g- Sheila B.
I especially like Tony who has been doing my house for over 10 years. He is very very trustworthy and clean and pleasant. Please let him know what l say here.- Linda T.
Want all the latest news or updates? Browse through our blog to read our most recent posts and featured articles.