Leaving Stink Bugs Inside Your Chicago Home Could Be Dangerous
September 7, 2022
Stink bugs in Chicago are becoming a bigger problem every year. If you live in the city, there is a good chance that you will encounter these pests at some point. While they may not cause much harm outdoors, they can be dangerous when they invade your home. Aerex Pest Control will discuss why stink bugs become a problem in your home, how to deal with an infestation, the dangers they cause, and how to get rid of them for good with professional pest control in Chicago.
Why Are There So Many Stink Bugs Inside My Home?
You may be wondering why the stink bugs are entering your home in the first place. Here are a few likely reasons:
- Your home is an attractive place for stink bugs to overwinter. Stink bugs are looking for a warm, dry place to spend the winter months. Unfortunately, your home fits that description perfectly.
- These pesky insects are attracted to the abundant food, water, and shelter that your home provides them.
- There are cracks or gaps in your home’s exterior. These pests can squeeze through tiny openings, so it is important to seal up any cracks or gaps in your home’s exterior.
A stink bug problem in your home can be difficult to get rid of. These smelly insects reproduce quickly and can infest your entire home in a short period of time.
Tips For Dealing With Stink Bug Infestations In Chicago
If you have a stink bug problem in your home, there are a few things you can do to get rid of them:
- Use a vacuum cleaner to remove the bugs. Be sure to empty the vacuum bag after each use.
- Switch out exterior light bulbs. Stink bugs are attracted to light. If you have any exterior lights, switch them out for yellow “bug” bulbs.
- Call a professional pest control company for stink bug control in Chicago.
If you have a stink bug infestation in your Chicago house, the best way to get rid of them is to call a professional. At Aerex Pest Control, we have the experience and knowledge necessary to get rid of these pests for good.
The Dangers Of Stink Bugs In Your Home
While stink bugs are not known to bite or sting, they can still be dangerous. Here are a few ways that these pests can cause problems in your home:
- They can contaminate your food. If stink bugs get into your kitchen, they can contaminate your food and preparation surfaces. This is especially true if they are squashed or crushed.
- They can cause allergic reactions. Some people are allergic to the scent that these pests release when they are disturbed. If you have a severe reaction, you may need to see a doctor.
- They can damage your home. Stink bugs can damage your clothing, furniture, and other household items. If you have an infestation, it is important to get rid of them as soon as possible.
There are a number of issues that come with stink bug infestations in Chicago, so it's important to eradicate the infestation as soon as possible if they're inside your home.
Full Pest Control Solutions For Chicago Homes
If you are dealing with a stink bug infestation in your home, the best thing to do is to call a professional pest control company to handle them. At Aerex Pest Control, we know the best methods to get rid of stink bugs in Chicago. We also offer full pest control services for Chicago homes, so we'll be able to protect your home from any other type of pest you're dealing with. Contact us today to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Chicago or to schedule a free estimate.